Wednesday, August 3, 2011


After not hearing anything from the doctor all day, my sister, Sue, called Mom's surgeon's office.  Basically, they told us that there is nothing new that has developed.  The tests are still inconclusive.  However,  the doctors are frustrated because she has all of the other symptoms of bile duct cancer, but they can't get a definite diagnosis.  They also mentioned that they have asked and asked and asked for my mom to call her oncologist, because that's who would actually be able to diagnose her further.  Evidently there is not a true "test" for bile duct cancer, because it's so rare. 

So, after two endoscopies, my poor mommy has to wait.  For more.  If I could and were able, I'd pick her up and move to Houston to go to MD Anderson, or up North to Cancer Treatment Centers of America.  My greatest fear is that they will take so long to CONFIRM the diagnosis, that she won't get to come to terms with it.

I worry that she will end up like Alan's poor mom, who died of lung cancer.  The poor woman lived for a year with what her doctors said was a "fungus," because the "tests didn't show it was definitely lung cancer."  When they finally found a doctor who confirmed what it was, she had 2 months to live.  Somehow, I feel like this is going to happen to my mom.

I know I need to be aggressive.  I know, I know.  I just have no energy.  So much responsibility.  But I have to do it..for her, don't I ?

1 comment:

  1. Awwww hun, I don't know what to say. You do need to be aggressive but I so know what it's like to know that but have no energy to follow through! There isn't an easy answer but I'll pray for the doctors guidance and for peace and comfort for you and your family. (((hugs)))