Sunday, August 21, 2011

Chemo = Negative

First of all, I've moved this blog over to a new address :http://beckysmom.blogspot.com.  It was easier having it under another email/web address. 

It's been a week since I last posted.  It's been a pretty uneventful week, all in all.  Mom had her first chemo on Wednesday.  She tolerated it really well, and met some people who were going through what she was going through.  It all seemed pretty promising.

I called her Thursday, and she seemed a little tired, but still really upbeat.  Friday was the same, but she said she kind of hurt.  Still all seemed well.

I didn't call her Saturday because we have been running around school shopping with the kids all weekend.  Sue called me today and asked if I talked to Mom.  It turns out that she has been deathly ill and sore for the last 2 days, and she has decided that she does not want chemo any more.  She was afraid that we would all be disappointed in her.  She forgets that we were all on her side in the first place.  Mom can do whatever she wants.  I'm so proud of her for getting this far, and still being strong. I really don't think anything will be different.  She was enjoying eating and getting stronger.  Hopefully she'll feel better this week, and keep plugging on.

I have a lot of emotions, but tonight all I can focus on is school starting tomorrow.  And work.  And all the other life stuff.  






2 comments:

  1. Aw, bless your Mom's heart...at least she tried the chemo. The last thing she should worry about now is disappointing people!

    And, did I seriously think the phrase, "bless your heart"? Yes. I must be getting old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've noticed how often I use "bless her/your/their/my heart" lately. I just think it fits. And thank you.

    ReplyDelete