Monday, July 25, 2011

No News Day

Today was a really good day.  Mom felt better, and things just seemed...normal.  It's really hard, sometimes, to believe that my mom could be gone in less than a year.  It's so funny that people say "If I only knew WHEN I was going to die, it would be easier."  I'm not sure it is.  I mean I enjoy EVER LAST MOMENT with my mom.  I want it to last forever.  But lurking in the back of my mind is the fact that she won't be, no matter what the diagnosis.  She just isn't healthy.  Sigh. 

Wendy (at work) and I talked about what it would be like if we had a "celebration" for Mom, while she was living.  I wonder what her friends would think about that.  I wonder what SHE would think about that.  I just don't know. 

I don't want to have to do this right now in my life.  I still need my Mommy around. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your kind words on my blog Becky, it's very much appreciated. Although our situations are different in that my FILs illness came on very suddenly, I can certainly understand how precious every last moment is with your mum at this time. I always hoped that hubby and I would be old when we lost our parents, but truth is I don't think we're every ready for it. It stinks doesn't it? My faith does help but I'm only human :)

    My thoughts are with you and if you do need to talk to a stranger (funnily enough I often find that helps!) then feel free. (((hugs)))

    PS: the blog template is very fitting - elegant and peaceful...like a little bit of calm in an otherwise stormy world :)

    ReplyDelete