Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Dance

To all my sweet friends who have joined me on this journey; my sweet mother passed away peacefully in her sleep, holding hands with my sister, niece and me at 6:37 pm this evening.  We are all at peace now, and she is no longer in pain.

Coincidentally, Mom died on November 17th, the same date that she lost her own mother, 24 years ago.

The Dance, by Garth Brooks
Looking back on the memory of
The dance we shared beneath the stars above
For a moment all the world was right
How could I have known you'd ever say goodbye
And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance
Holding you I held everything
For a moment wasn't I the king
But if I'd only known how the king would fall
Hey who's to say you know I might have changed it all
And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance
Yes my life is better left to chance
I could have missed the pain but I'd of had to miss the dance

3 comments:

  1. Oh girls the world is not going to be as special as it was with her here but so glad we had her. Please let us know when you have made the arrangements. If it is not going to be just a family time I know there are people that would like to come. Please know that you girls were wonderful daughters for your Mom and she loved you so much and was proud of you. Hugs. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Pat. We will let you know. We will call you tomorrow or the next day. Thank you for loving her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No words can make this any easier..Kathy was able to respond to an email i sent her a couple of weeks ago...and in the usual Kathy style she said ...love you kiddo...loved her too...you are in my prayers...Judy Clemens

    ReplyDelete